Lenny Melnick FSTA Hall of Fame Petition
What does it mean to be in the Hall of Fame? Does it mean anything to me? Does it mean anything to you?
Well, it means a lot to me. That type of recognition would be humbling to most people no matter the field they were in. I have met many people in the Fantasy Sports world over the last 5 years and this past April I met Lenny Melnick. Over the last 6 months I have developed a level of respect for Lenny and I must say you will NEVER meet a more classy guy. I am here to explain why “I” believe he deserves the FSTA Hall of Fame nod and why others should support him.
In my opinion, anyone honored with a Hall of Fame induction should also manifest exemplary character. Based on my experience, I can attest that Lenny’s character meets Hall of Fame criteria. In early April, 2016 Lenny made an unannounced call into our Thursday Night radio show to talk baseball with the boys. We are a relatively small operation and to have a listener with the reputation of Lenny call in was a big honor for us.
He offered an unexpected and very much appreciated helping hand. He was on our shows as a guest several times and was happy to join us. Hell, I was even in a jam one Sunday when my co-host and guest had a family emergency that did not allow him to make it. I called Lenny and he came on with very short notice. Character is something that can’t be learned: you either have it or you don’t! Lenny’s spontaneous generosity in supporting our work demonstrates the depth of his character.
On that note, let me mention that Lenny will be getting back together with his former partner Irwin Zwilling. They worked closely together from 1993-2002 and are still friends to this day. They hope to bring back a radio show together in the near future. Stay tuned and be on the lookout!
For the life of me, I can’t figure out why Lenny is not in the FSTA Hall of Fame already. His resume of baseball accomplishments is truly impressive. Here is a long list of highlights that is merely a sampling of his numerous contributions to our national past time.
- 1993 WGBB 1240am NY, 1st EVER Rotisserie Radio Show.
- 1994 Appeared in 1st LABR Draft, 1995/1996 Winner, Won Again 2014 (18 years later).
- 1995 ESPN/Time Warner, Consulted on 1 Rotisserie Pay Per View.
- 1996/1997 MLB/Phoenix Communications, 1st Rotisserie Personalities to appear on National TV.
- 1996/1997 Pennant Chase with Fran Healy, National TV Syndication.
- 1996/1997 This Week in Baseball with Ozzie Smith, Nationally Televised.
- 1997 MLB Invited Guest at All Star Game in Cleveland to Promote Fantasy Baseball to Mainstream. Held a Symposium attended by over 1,000 at the Fan Fest.
- 1998 Tout Wars was started by Ron Shandler, Lenny Melnick, and Irwin Zwilling.
- 2001/2002 MLB.com/Radio, 1st host Fantasy 411 Radio Show, Broadcasting/Writing.
- 2001 Author of “The Control The Draft” Formula.
- 2002 Won Tout Wars.
- 2008 President of FantasyPros911, Broadcasting/Writing.
- 2009 SiriusXM Radio, 1st Original Host for FantasyPros911 show on Sirius, in the 1st year of the Fantasy Sports Channel.
- 2009 Voted Internet Most Popular Personality http://www.advancedfantasybaseball.com/2009/06/lenny-melnick-interview.html#.V8xK-K3QKFp.
- 2014 RotoXperts.com, Broadcaster on Sirius/Writer.
- 2014 FNTSY Anthem Media, Consultant/Show Host/Regular Guest. 1st Fantasy TV Network.
- 2015 LennyMelnickfantasysports.com, A Fantasy Community of over 500 Participants, each promoting and assisting each other in Fantasy Sports and Sports in General.
- Responsible for Coining Famous Phrases such as “A Rookie Is A Rookie, Is A Rookie” and “Etch That in Your Kitchen Table.“
(Lenny’s resume was collected via lennymelnickfantasysports.com)
After reading that list you must be asking yourself: how is this not a resume for the FSTA Hall of Fame? The answer is: It is! This man has literally dedicated his life to sports and fantasy sports for the better part of 23 years. His accomplishments compare to those of another fantasy sports pioneer, Ron Shandler, but from a different angle. I look at Ron and Lenny as the Yin and Yang of fantasy baseball. While Ron is a true pioneer from writing and sabermetrics, Lenny is clearly the radio show pioneer for this industry and has helped COUNTLESS people get established in the field. He has his own signature style which is easily recognized by people in the business as well as avid fantasy sports enthusiasts. That, in itself, says a lot! What makes his shows unique is that he informs you while entertaining you. He clearly likes to entertain. This is crucial when you are trying to build an audience and keep people’s attention.
It is time to give the man the honor and respect he deserves. I decided to put together a case for a living “Legend’ in the industry who deserves the ultimate show of respect and honor: a place in the FSTA Hall of Fame. I mean if he doesn’t qualify, then who does?
Please VOTE below. Also, please indicate that you support Lenny Melnick for FSTA Hall of Fame in the comment section below. (Please include your name. This is extremely important).
Latest Podcast Episode
@CraigMish Love your work Craig.
- MLFS League Openings/Archive
- MLFB 1 Champions Archive
- MLFB 2 Champions Archive
- MLFB 3 Champions Archive
- MLFF 1 Champions Archive
- MLFF 2 Champions Archive
- MLFF 3 Champions Archive
- MLFBB1 Champions Archive
- Major League Fantasy Baseball Radio Show/Guest Archive
- Major League Fantasy Football Radio Show/Guest Archive
- MLFB 4 Champions Archive
- MLFF 4 Champions Archive
- MLFF Champions League Invitational Archive
- MLFBC Champions Archive
- MLFBB 2 Champions Archive
- Chat Room